When the summer sun starts to turn up the heat, you’ll want to cool down with these refreshing drinks chosen by some of London Bay Homes’ team members.
Summer in Southwest Florida means long days lounging on our white sandy beaches or custom pools with a crisp, cool, and refreshing drink in hand. So when our team members are not busy designing and building some of the finest luxury custom homes in Southwest Florida, they are enjoying these delicious drinks on a hot summer day. Don’t worry, we’ve paired our adult beverages with family-friendly options, so everyone will be able to enjoy the cool down.
This Watermelon Sangria is refreshing and tasty with a summer staple of watermelon and your choice of any assorted frozen or fresh fruit.
- 1 Large watermelon
- 1 750-ml bottle white wine
- 2 cups white rum
- 1 cup Seltzer
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups assorted fresh or frozen fruit, such as pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries
- Slice off the top third of the watermelon lengthwise (save for later use) and score fruit with a knife. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out watermelon and transfer to blender.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. (If desired, strain seeds.)
- Add white wine, rum, seltzer, and lime juice and stir until combined, then add limes and fruit.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, then serve.
Great for everyone, this Watermelon Cooler balances the sweetness of the watermelon with refreshing cucumber and mint for a surefire crowdpleaser.
- 4-5 cups of seedless watermelon (1 medium-sized watermelon), cut into chunks
- 1/2 peeled cucumber, cut into chunks
- 5 -10 mint leaves roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- a pinch of salt
Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do this in two batches, I did. Divide your ingredients in half, and process it twice if need be. Place all the ingredients in a blender, and process until it smooth. Pour the mixture through a strainer into a bowl, pressing the solids with a wooden spoon to get all the liquid out.
Place the watermelon mixture back in your blender and add ice cubes. Depending on how slushy you want it, add your ice cubes accordingly. I wanted mine very slushy, almost like a snow cone, so I used lots of ice cubes. Serve immediately.
Blueberry Lemonade Sangria
Made with either white wine or rosé, this Blueberry Lemonade Sangria combines three of our favorite things for a delicious summer cocktail.
- 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup Simply Lemonade with Blueberry
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cold seltzer
- In a pitcher, combine wine, lemonade, and tequila and stir until combined.
- Add fruit and top off with seltzer and serve.
Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
Make a pitcher of this family-friendly Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade and you’ll stay cool all day.
- 2/3 cup white sugar superfine is best
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice ~4-5 whole large lemons
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 cups sparkling water or club soda
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar is melted and blueberries are starting to burst.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve. Let this blueberry syrup completely cool.
- Meanwhile, juice the lemons to get 1 cup lemon juice.
- In a large blender, add the blueberry syrup, lemon juice, and ice. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the sparkling water or club soda.
- Enjoy immediately.
Blackberries have some of the highest antioxidant levels of any fruit, so enjoy the health benefits as you sip on this sweet and tart Blackberry Mojito.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Crushed ice
- Club soda
- In a small bowl, muddle blackberries. Set aside.
- Place mint leaves in bottom of glasses. Divide and spoon blackberry mixture on top.
- Add rum, sugar, and lime juice and stir to combine. Top with crushed ice.
- Add club soda and garnish with mint leaves and more blackberries.
Mocktail Blackberry Spritzer
Yes, everyone can enjoy deliciously tart and healthy blackberries with the Mocktail Blackberry Spritzer, a refreshing drink that takes just minutes to make.
- 2 blackberries
- 1 and 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. cinnamon syrup
- Soda water
- In cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries with wooden spoon. Add orange juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon syrup and shake well.
- Strain into Collins glass; top with soda water.
Don’t live in Southwest Florida? You can still enjoy these refreshing drinks just about anywhere. However, if you’re looking to live in a place with swaying palm trees, award-winning beaches, and beautiful sunshine year round, contact us to learn more about our luxury custom homes in Naples FL, Estero FL, Fort Myers Beach FL, and Sarasota FL.